How to Apply
The Hunts Point Clean Trucks Program is accepting applications on a first-come, first-served basis for a voluntary incentive-based clean vehicle rebate program for truck owners and fleets that are based and/or operate in the Hunts Point or Port Morris communities. The Program aims to modernize older diesel trucks by offering rebate incentives for truck scrappage, truck replacement with new 2010 EPA emissions-compliant diesel or alternative fuel trucks and exhaust retrofit technologies.
Go to Clean Truck Options to learn more.
To participate in the Program, you must own a Class 3 to Class 8 diesel truck equipped with an engine Model Year 2006 and older and be based and/or operate regularly in Hunts Point or Port Morris.
Basic Requirements to Participate
- Own a Class 3 to Class 8 Diesel Truck
- Diesel truck must be equipped with engine Model Year 2006 and older
- Be based and/or regularly operate in Hunts Point or Port Morris
- Commit to Program for 5 years
If you are interested in receiving rebate incentives through the Hunts Point Clean Trucks Program for qualifying truck scrappage, truck replacement, or the installation of an exhaust retrofit technology, you must complete the Rebate Incentive Application (PDF, download Acrobat Reader). The Rebate Incentive Application is designed to be user-friendly and straight forward to help expedite the funding request in an efficient and successful manner.
Incentive Rebate Application Overview
Have a quick glance at the contents of the Rebate Incentive Application!
- Rebate Incentive Application Cover Page
- Application Instructions
- Rebate Incentive Funding Table
- Form 1 – Rebate Incentive Application
- Form 2 – Supplemental Application Cover Sheet
- Form 3 – Supplemental Application Form
- Form A – Proof of Service
To start the application process, please review the ten (10) steps below on how to apply.
- Click here to download the PDF Rebate Incentive Application. The PDF document has a total of nine (9) pages. If you cannot open the PDF, download the latest version of Acrobat Reader.
- Carefully review the Rebate Incentive Application Cover Page (Page 1) and Application Instructions (Page 2).
- Review the Rebate Funding Table (Page 3) to determine the amount of Rebate Incentive funding available per funding type (Truck Scrappage, Truck Replacement, or Exhaust Retrofit Technology).
- Select the Rebate Incentive of choice to complete the Rebate Incentive Application.
- Review and complete Form 1 (Page 4 and 5) of the Rebate Incentive Application. Make sure to provide signature and date.
- Review and complete Form 2 – Supplemental Application Cover Sheet (Page 6) and specify the type of Clean Truck Option(s) (Type of Application),the total number of application forms, and additional documents needed for each qualifying truck.
Required Documents for Older Truck
- Truck Registration (one year)
- Truck Title
- Insurance Coverage (Auto Liability)
- Proof of Service (Demonstrate one year history of operating in Hunts Point or Port Morris; Form A)
- Review and complete Form 3 – Supplemental Application Form (Page 7 and 8) that requests information on qualifying truck (older truck) and Clean Truck Option of choice.
- Review and complete Form A demonstrating history of service in Hunts Point or Port Morris.
- After you have carefully reviewed your complete application and included all necessary signatures and required information, submit your completed Rebate Incentive Application to the Hunts Point Clean Trucks Program Administrator. You can submit your application in one of the three ways:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 212-244-8536
- Postal Address:
- Hunts Point Clean Trucks Program c/o ISR
505 8th Avenue, Suite #2503
New York, NY10018-4505
- Hunts Point Clean Trucks Program c/o ISR
Contact Us if you have any questions!
- After you submit your Rebate Incentive Application, the Program Administrator will review your application.
- The Program Administrator will contact you if additional information is needed.
- Submission of an application does not guarantee rebate funding.
- If approved for Program participation, the Program Administrator will work with you and the vendor on the vehicle/equipment transaction (sales agreement/invoice).
- If approved for Program participation, Program funding will be disbursed directly to a dealer, original equipment manufacturer (OEM), or exhaust retrofit vendor participating in the Program’s Vendor Network after the new truck or exhaust retrofit is delivered or installed on a participant’s truck.
- Once the application has been submitted and reviewed by the Program Administrator, the application process can range from 60 to 90 days.