How to Apply
Round 4 funding is here, as of March 21, 2017!
The New York City Department of Transportation has secured additional funding for the Hunts Point Clean Trucks Program (HPCTP). The Round 4 funding aims to replace and improve the emissions of up to 100 older diesel trucks.
The HPCTP incentive rebate funding is for businesses that operate within, or regularly travel to, the South Bronx communities of Hunts Point and Port Morris. The HPCTP will replace older Class 3 to Class 8 trucks with a model year 2016 or newer truck with a U.S. EPA 2010 emission compliant or newer diesel engine or alternative fuel engine (hybrid diesel-electric, compressed natural gas or battery electric truck). Funding is also available for the installation of diesel exhaust retrofit technologies.
Updates have been made to the HPCTP application, fact sheet and the rebate funding matrix. The 2017 rebate incentive caps range from $10,000 for a Class 3 diesel fueled truck up to $30,000 for a Class 8 diesel fueled truck. The 2017 rebate incentive caps range from $17,000 to $90,000 for an alternative fuel replacement truck. Scrapping of the older truck being replaced is required. Diesel exhaust retrofit technology rebate amounts will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
The Hunts Point Clean Trucks Program is accepting applications on a first-come, first-served basis for a voluntary incentive-based clean vehicle rebate program for truck owners and fleets that are based and/or operate in the Hunts Point or Port Morris communities. The Program aims to modernize older diesel trucks by offering rebate incentives for truck scrappage, truck replacement with new 2010 EPA emissions-compliant diesel or alternative fuel trucks and exhaust retrofit technologies.
Go to Clean Truck Options to learn more.
To participate in the Program, you must own a Class 3 to Class 8 diesel truck equipped with an engine Model Year 2006 and older and be based and/or operate regularly in Hunts Point or Port Morris.
Basic Requirements to Participate
- Own a Class 3 to Class 8 Diesel Truck
- Diesel truck must be equipped with engine Model Year 2006 and older
- Be based and/or regularly operate in Hunts Point or Port Morris
- Commit to Program for 5 years
- Vehicle Safety Enhancements are required to be installed and maintained on each Replacement Truck and Qualifying Truck with an Exhaust Retrofit Technology installed.
If you are interested in receiving rebate incentives through the Hunts Point Clean Trucks Program for qualifying truck scrappage, truck replacement, or the installation of an exhaust retrofit technology, you must complete the Rebate Incentive Application (PDF, download Acrobat Reader). The Rebate Incentive Application is designed to be user-friendly and straight forward to help expedite the funding request in an efficient and successful manner.
Incentive Rebate Application Overview
Have a quick glance at the contents of the Rebate Incentive Application!
- Rebate Incentive Application Cover Page
- Application Instructions
- Rebate Incentive Funding Table
- Form 1 – Rebate Incentive Application
- Form 2 – Supplemental Application Cover Sheet
- Form 3 – Supplemental Application Form
- Form A – Proof of Service
To start the application process, please review the ten (10) steps below on how to apply.
- Click here to download the PDF Rebate Incentive Application. The PDF document has a total of eight (8) pages. If you cannot open the PDF, download the latest version of Acrobat Reader.
- Carefully review the Rebate Incentive Application Cover Page (Page 1) and Application Instructions (Page 2).
- Review the Rebate Funding Table (Page 3) to determine the amount of Rebate Incentive funding available per funding type.
- Select the Rebate Incentive of choice to complete the Rebate Incentive Application.
- Review and complete Form 1 (Page 4 and 5) of the Rebate Incentive Application. Make sure to provide signature and date.
- Review and complete Form 2 – Supplemental Application Cover Sheet (Page 6) and specify the total number of truck replacements and/or retrofit technology installations included in the application, and additional documents needed for each qualifying truck.
Required Documents for Older Truck
- Truck Registration (one year)
- Truck Title
- Insurance Coverage (Auto Liability)
- Proof of Service (Demonstrate one year history of operating in Hunts Point or Port Morris; Form A)
- Review and complete Form 3 – Supplemental Application Form (Page 7) that requests information on qualifying truck (older truck) and Clean Truck Option of choice.
- Review and complete Form A demonstrating history of service in Hunts Point or Port Morris (Page 8).
- After you have carefully reviewed your complete application and included all necessary signatures and required information, submit your completed Rebate Incentive Application to the Hunts Point Clean Trucks Program Administrator. You can submit your application in one of the two ways:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal Address:
- HPCTP c/o TetraTech Inc.
249 Ocean Blvd., Suite 325
Long Beach, CA, 90802
- HPCTP c/o TetraTech Inc.
Contact Us if you have any questions!
- After you submit your Rebate Incentive Application, the Program Administrator will review your application.
- The Program Administrator will contact you if additional information is needed.
- Submission of an application does not guarantee rebate funding.
- If approved for Program participation, the Program Administrator will work with you and the vendor on the vehicle/equipment transaction (sales agreement/invoice).
- If approved for Program participation, Program funding will be disbursed directly to a dealer, original equipment manufacturer (OEM), or exhaust retrofit vendor participating in the Program’s Vendor Network after the new truck or exhaust retrofit is delivered or installed on a participant’s truck.
- Once the application has been submitted and reviewed by the Program Administrator, the application process can range from 60 to 90 days.